The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2009) ****

I finally watched The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2009). And it was really good. If you like investigative/procedural detective/reporter thrillers (think Zodiac (2007)) with nicely developed characters that don't shy away from a few brutal scenes, you will dig it.

Speaking of Fincher, I am now looking forward to his version this year (and the soundtrack by Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross), however I fear that Rooney Mara's version of Lisbeth is going to get toned down (although it is Fincher directing). I have no doubt that Finch & Rez/Ross (my newly coined phrase for this director/composer team) will bring it, but here's hoping Mara will equally rock it.

The second film in the original 'Millennium Trilogy' should arrive from Netflix this week, with the third film following shortly, so I'm excited to watch those. I'd like to get around to reading the novels as well.*

*Edit - I ordered the Stieg Larsson Millenium Trilogy novels set.

Comments