1/26/2011

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2009) ****

Finally watched this.
And it was really good, and plenty of people have written about it, so I won't bother.
If you like investigative/procedural detective/reporter thrillers (think Zodiac) with nicely developed characters and don't shy away from a few brutal scenes, you will dig it.

Speaking of Fincher, I am now looking forward to his version this year (and the soundtrack by Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross), even moreso, however I really think that Rooney Mara's version of Lisbeth is going to get toned down (although it is Fincher directing).
Is she going to appear nude? Will the rape scene be as disturbing? I have no doubt that Finch & Rez/Ross (my newly coined phrase for this director/composer team, which I really do hope will reach Hitchcock/Hermann heights) will bring it, but here's hoping Mara will equally rock it (I do have some doubts).

The 2nd film in the original trilogy should arrive from Netflix this week, with the 3rd film following shortly (I may have to stream or find a torrent as the Blu-ray is not available at the moment even though it was released in the States yesterday), so I'm excited to watch those.

I'd like to get around to reading the novels as well.*

*Edit - I ordered the Stieg Larsson Millenium Trilogy novels set from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment