Phenomena - Italian Version (1985) ***1/2

It's really easy to have a love/hate relationship with Argento and Fulci films, primarily because what's good about them is so good and what's bad about them is really bad. But I can think of few other directors for which I am so forgiving of their films' flaws.

My thoughts from previous review remain largely the same but I'm awarding Phenomena (1985) another 1/2 star this go around. It's one of those films (as with others by both directors mentioned above) where my opinions fluctuate, but it's just so gloriously scattershot in a fantastic way that I can't help but appreciate it.

I'm also thrilled that we finally have a better and properly restored version from Arrow Video (huge uptick in picture quality), produced by my friend and fellow podcaster Michael Mackenzieand released in a handsome limited edition with excellent essay contributions from Rachael Nesbit and more!

You can find my Dario Argento Films Ranked list here.

You can find my Giallo Feature Films Ranked list here.

Comments