High Fidelity (2000) ****

I forgot just how funny Jack Black is in this film and how fun it is to spot and recognize album covers, posters, and stickers for bands/musicians in scenes during this film.

"I will now sell five copies of The Three E.P.'s by The Beta Band."

 "Let 'em riot. We're Sonic fuckin' Death Monkey."
(Extra points if you know where the Aphex Twin 12" is in this scene)

 "Some people never got over Vietnam or the night their band opened for Nirvana. I guess I never got over Charlie."

"I could've wound up having sex back there. And what better way to exorcise rejection demons than to screw the person who rejected you, right? But you wouldn't be sleeping with a person, you'd be sleeping with the whole sad, single-person culture. It'd be like sleeping with Talia Shire in Rocky if you weren't Rocky."

 Dick: I guess it looks as if you're reorganizing your records. What is this though? Chronological?
Rob: No...
Dick: Not alphabetical...
Rob: Nope...
Dick: What?
Rob: Autobiographical.
Dick: No fucking way.


 "I used to hate this song. Now I kinda like it."


Louis: You guys are snobs.
Dick: No, we're not.
Louis: Yeah, seriously, you're totally elitist. You feel like the unappreciated scholars, so you shit onto people who know lesser than you.
Rob, Barry, Dick: No!
Louis: Which is everybody...
Rob, Barry, Dick: Yeah...
Louis: That's so sad.


 "Hi, Rob...YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!"

 "Give that big final good luck and goodbye to your all time top-five and just move on down the road."



Comments