Jaws (1975) ****1/2




 Quint: Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. This shark, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go.

Hooper: I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a man who's lining up to be a hot lunch.


Hooper: This was no boat accident.





Brody: "Slow ahead." I can go slow ahead. Come on down here and chum some of this shit.

Bigger boat, anyone?


Quint: And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes.


Brody: You're certifiable, Quint! You know that?? You're certifiable!

Quint: He can't stay down with three barrels on him, not with three barrels...


Brody: Smile, you son of a BITCH.

Comments