Inside Llewyn Davis (2013) ****

Well, I was happily surprised by Inside Llewyn Davis (2013). I am a HUGE Coen Bros. fan and they've only made one giant misstep, which I won't name, and one film (their last one before this) that I think is good, but nowhere near as good as the general population seems to think, in a career of astounding films.

The trailer for ILD did virtually nothing for me and I have to admit to not being a very big folk music fan. So my excitement level was low. I was worried that their trademark humor and style might be somewhat absent and that the film could become a culprit of "feel gooditis" (I think I should trademark that).

Boy, was I wrong. This definitely has the Coen stamp and while it may be slightly less so than I would prefer, I really can't complain. Excellent flick.

Comments