The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976) *

Quite honestly, The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976) is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I can't understand the love for this film. Between the awful voice-over, the piss-poor acting (by what seems to be largely non-actors), the messy direction, bad editing, the lack of suspense, the astoundingly inappropriate music choices, the unfunny comedy and the killer being a complete joke, this one was excruciating to sit through. This film desperately tries to capture the same vibe that makes The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) a classic and fails on every level.

Bad, bad, bad and not in a good way. The only other time I've given a film 1 star on my blog was for Attack The Block (2011) (talk about overrated). See my review for that one here. The only thing Town has going for it is a good poster.

Comments