Your Vice Is A Locked Room And Only I Have The Key (1972) ****

Your Vice Is A Locked Room And Only I Have The Key (1972) (easily the best title for a giallo ever) is a quasi-gothic thriller (very) loosely based on Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat (1843).

Edwige Fenech is as charming and as impossibly gorgeous as ever, Luigi Pistilli is perfectly despicable, and Anita Strindberg plays unhinged like nobody's business. This is my favorite of Sergio Martino's multiple gialli and his direction is impressive. Bruno Nicolai's at times baroque score relies heavily on strings and harpsichord but also utilizes piano, guitar, bass and drums to great effect.

All in all, Your Vice is a highly entertaining, gleefully melodramatic film that holds up terrifically on repeat viewings.

You can find my Sergio Martino Feature Films Ranked list here.

You can find my Giallo Feature Films Ranked list here.

Comments