Infinity Pool (2023) ***1/2

Brandon Cronenberg continues to make interesting and engaging films, and so far he's 3 for 3. I'm not sure this is as transgressive as I thought it would be and, as "weird" as it is, it might be his most accessible film yet (and it's slightly surprising to see that this is playing in basically every theater in my area). I believe that owes to the fact that it is way funnier than I expected. Mia Goth is obnoxious in her role and, thus, perfectly suited to it. I think I'm still processing my thoughts on it, yet I don't know that there is anything deeper to glean than what appears on the surface. I suppose I'll find out on a rewatch, as that will definitely be in order (and I’m curious to see how the NC-17 cut plays). The payoff is a bit lacking but I still really enjoyed Infinity Pool (2023).

Recommended for fans of Cronenberg's Possessor (2020) (review), Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange (1971) and Eyes Wide Shut (1999), and Villeneuve's Enemy (2013) (review).


Comments