Female Trouble (1974) ****

I only saw Female Trouble (1974) for the first time earlier this year when The Criterion Collection released their delicious Blu-ray of the film. My review from my first viewing is here. It was a blast to see the film with an audience this time, especially the type that at least some of them can appreciate (though judging by the silence during scenes I find really funny, I couldn't tell if some people were truly offended or not). I hadn’t had a good belly laugh like I did tonight for far too long. Rewatching FT put me in the mood, so as I type this I'm listening to A Date With John Waters (2007), an excellent compilation that I highly recommend.

For fans of Waters's subversive humor, guerrilla filmmaking and unique brand, Female Trouble is required viewing (and re-viewing) and don't you forget it!

You can find my John Waters Feature Films Ranked list here.


Comments