Phenomena - International Version (1985) ****

Phenomena (1985) is apparently a grower for me. I've seen it at least five times and in two different versions (International and Italian; I've yet to watch the truncated Creepers cut). Each time I review it on my blog (2011 and 2017, previously), I've awarded it an additional half star. I think I've become more accepting of the nonsensical storyline, lack of characterization, and laughable dialogue in favor of the gorgeous dreamlike visuals, wonderfully eclectic soundtrack, gruesome kills, and elaborately insane finale. It helps too that the film is now available on 4K UHD, looking simply...phenomenal.

You can find my Dario Argento Films Ranked list here.

You can find my Giallo Feature Films Ranked list here.

You can find my Top 20 Directors list here.







Comments