Mad Max: Fury Road - Black & Chrome Edition (2015) ***

You can view my initial review of Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) here. My Take 2 reaction is largely the same, I might even say I like the film less. Now granted, I watched the Black & Chrome Edition, which is supposed to be Miller's preferred version, but I found myself thinking that the CGI (and there is so very very much of it) looked even worse and it felt like I was watching a Robert Rodriguez film (and nothing against him, I like him).

But that's not my kind of Mad Max film. Plus I really disliked how most of the voices seemed to be dubbed in post (and man, some of the dialogue is so basic and cheesy). The elements just feel disconnected and everything is too pristinely presented. I'll stick with the first 2 films when I need a true Max fix.

If you're interested in listening to a podcast that I guested on where we discussed all 4 Max films you can do so here.

Comments