Re-Animator (1985) *****

Ah, Re-Animator (1985), a classic that never gets old. It's one of my Top 100 Films. I first saw it at the way-too-young age of 12 or 13 and I've loved it ever since. I've seen (and owned) it on VHS, DVD, and Blu-ray. I've seen it badly projected in a conference room at Rock And Shock, and now well-projected at the Luna Theater. I look forward to the eventual 4K UHD release (hopefully by Arrow Video).

Stuart Gordon's splatter masterpiece has it all—camp, comedy, and gore galore, plus an indelible performance by Jeffrey Combs, who gets most of the memorable lines (and delivers them with aplomb). In my opinion, it belongs on everyone's Top 10 Horror list (it's on mine).

You can find my Stuart Gordon Feature Films Ranked list here.




Herbert West: I gave him life


Dr. Carl Hill: It's rather like peeling a large orange. 

Dr. Carl Hill: MrWest! I suggest you get yourself a pen!

 "Cat dead. Details later?"





Scream queen 


Herbert West: Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow.  


Herbert West: OVERDOSE! 


Comments